Comment

"To My Grown Up Son"



My hands were busy through the day
I did not have much time to play
The little games you asked me to
I'd wash your clothes ; sew and cook
But when you'd bring your picture book

And ask me please to share your fun
I would say, "A little later, son."
I'd tuck you in all safe at night
And hear your prayers, turn out the light
Then tiptoe softly to the door,

I wish I could have a minute more
For life is short and years rush past
No longer is he at your side
His precious secrets to confide
The picture books are put away

There are no more children's games to play
No goodnight kiss, no prayers to hear
That all belongs to yesteryears
my hands once busy, now lie still
The days are long and hard to fill
I wish I might go back and do 
The little things you asked me to



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Shout Mix


ShoutMix chat widget

Visitors Map

Geo Counter